The professionals of Jim D. Koontz & Associates, Inc. have been in the roof consulting business since 1976. Since that time roof consulting services have been provided in over forty states, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Typical clients include numerous agencies of the federal government, state and local governments, major insurance companies, developers, architects, school districts, building owners, contractors and attorneys.
Church St. Post Office, NYC - 911 Investigation
Denver International Airport
World Trade Center, New Orleans
Mar-a-Lago Club, Palm Beach, Florida
- "Bettering BUR Tolerances" (Roofer Magazine, May 1984)
- "Building Up a Tolerance" (Roofer Magazine, February 1987)
- "Cutting Up On the Job" (Roofer Magazine, October, 1987)
- "Splitting Shingle Problems" (Western Roofing, May/June 1990)
- "The Effects of Hail on Residential Roofing Products" (Third International Symposium of Roofing, April 1991)
- "Field Evaluation and Laboratory Testing of PVC Roof Systems" (Fourth International Symposium of Roofing, April 1997)
- "Timing is Critical to Reroofing Success"
- "Simulated Hail Damage and Impact Resistance Test Procedures For Roof Coverings and Membranes" (RICOWI 2001)
- "Hail: Sizing It Up!" (Western Roofing, May/June 2002)
- "Aging and Hail Research of PVC Membranes" (12th International Roofing and Waterproofing Conference, 9/2002)
- "The Effects of Mechanical Damage to Roof Insulation" (12th International Roofing and Waterproofing Conference, 9/2002)
These documents use the Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). If you don't already have it, click here to get Acrobat Reader.